Spiced Chai Cake with Vanilla Buttercream.
For the Cake
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of oil
- 1/2 cup of brewed chai tea
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
For the Buttercream
- 2 cups of vegan butter
- 3 1/2 cups of sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
Spiced Chai Cake-
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
In a measuring jug add the apple cider vinegar to the non-dairy milk. Sit for at least 5 minutes, this will allow the milk to curdle
In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Stir until combined.
In a small bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, and chai tea. Stir in the vanilla..
Add the milk mixture to the flour, stir until combined and there is no lumps. Pour the batter into a greased-tin and place it in the oven.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden, Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before making the butter cream.
Beat the vegan butter until creamy. Slowly add the icing sugar, and scrape down the sides.
Mix in the vanilla extract and non dairy milk and beat for another 2-3 minuets or until creamy.