Makes 1 loaf
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of non- diary milk
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon, extra for the top
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Vegan butter, to grease loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a loaf pan using vegan butter.
Mix together the mashed bananas, non-diary milk, sugar or sweetener, crushed walnuts and vanilla until it becomes smooth and creamy.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Mix the flour and the banana mixture until smooth.
Spread batter in the loaf tin and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, allow to cool for 15 minutes before eating.