Raspberry and Chocolate Cheezecake.
This is probably the prettiest thing I have ever made, and it tastes amazing.
I was testing a few recipes and I had all the things to make a raw cheesecake so I created this one.
If you make it please tag me on Instagram so I can see how it turned out.
For the Base
For the Filling
- 2 cups of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 can of coconut milk (you can add more if you are having trouble blending the filling or if it is too thick)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 100g of vegan dark chocolate
- 2- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, to go on
Soak all the cashews overnight, then drain them under running water.
Soak the dates for 5-10 minuets, until they have softened. Blend all the base ingredients until they start to form a soft dough. Press the base mixture into a lined tin and allow it to harden in the freezer, while you make the filling.
To make the filling, add all the ingredients except for the raspberries into a high speed blender; and blend until the filling is smooth. Once the filling is smooth fold in the raspberries, then pour it on top of your base and allow it to set in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
To make the ganache, melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.Make sure you take it off when there is still little lumps of chocolate (they will melt while you mix the chocolate), or else it will burn. Once it is melted add the coconut milk, stir until it becomes smooth and glossy. Pour on top of the cake and sprinkle with the frozen raspberries.
Allow the ganache to set, then serve at room temperature.